Difference between revisions of "How to embed a mesh in Facebook"
(Created page with "Since March 2018 Facebook added the option to embed 3D models in your Facebook posts. At the time of writing, the current limitation is that the final file you will upload mu...")
Revision as of 09:14, 20 March 2018
Since March 2018 Facebook added the option to embed 3D models in your Facebook posts.
At the time of writing, the current limitation is that the final file you will upload must not exceed 3MB, which can be challenging depending on the subject.
Once you have generated your textured mesh, click on the export function as usual and make sure to select the GLB format.
In order to stay within the 3MB limit you will probably need to decimate your model around 20000 vertices and export with a 2048x2048 texture.
A general workflow can be summarized as following:
- Generate your 3D model textured mesh as usual.
- Decimate using the retopology filter
- Click the export function
- make sure the format is set as Glb
- select JPG as texture format
- if you have generated the mesh with a target texture bigger than 2048x2048, select "2048" in the "rescale texture to" menu, otherwise leave it to nearest power of two.
- check "local rendering reference system"
- upload to Facebook